Aim: Silverback Pty Ltd is committed to conducting our business in an environmentally aware and responsible manner. We seek the co-operation of our workers and business partners in ensuring our organisational practices are conducted with minimal environmental impact.
Objective: To work with workers, visitors and business partners to achieve compatibility between economic development and the maintenance of the environment to minimise harm.
Silverback Pty Ltd will endeavour to minimise impact on the following:
- Atmospheric emissions
- Site contamination and spills
- Noise Emission
- Damage to flora and fauna
- Damage to, or interference with sites, areas or structures of indigenous or non-indigenous cultural heritage
- Storm water management
- Unnecessary energy consumption.
To fulfil this commitment, Silverback Pty Ltd, will observe all environment laws and promote environmental awareness among all workers to increase understanding of environmental matters.
Silverback Pty Ltd will actively:
- Assess Eco-footprint to identify environmental impacts and move towards more sustainable practices
- Identify waste streams and options for effective waste management
- Improve purchasing (buy recycled materials, reduce waste, use less harmful/volatile chemicals)
- Improve storage (reduce quantity, waste and spills, reduce odours by keeping containers closed)
- Conserve energy (eco-friendly lights, turn lights off, emergency efficient equipment, greener fuel sources – such as LPG and methane)
- Conserve water (install water saving accessories, repair leaks)
- Preserve waterways (clearly mark and protect storm water drains)
- Emergency planning and spill response
- Seek appropriate licenses/permits from State Environmental Protection Agencies and other relevant Authorities
- Where indigenous or non-indigenous cultural heritage issues may be relevant, check with planning authorities to ensure that appropriate assessment has occurred and licences or permits are obtained
- Improve education/awareness
- Notify relevant authority in the event of a major environmental impact.
The PBCU is committed to:
- Integrating environmental consideration into all aspects of Silverback Pty Ltd operations
- Compliance with all relevant legislative requirements and co-operation with Regulatory bodies
- Measurable targets to ensure continued improvement reflected in accountability/key performance indicators at all levels
- Consultation with workers and other parties to improve decision-making on environmental matters
- Identification of environmental issues, assessment of risks and implementation of best practice controls to limit negative impacts to the environment
- Development, implementation and review of written work procedures
- Distribution and communication of information and work procedures
- Training and supervision to workers to ensure written procedures to minimise environmental impacts are followed.
Workers are expected to:
- Take reasonable care, and consideration, of environmental impacts while at work
- Co-operate with Silverback Pty Ltd to enable compliance with legal obligations
- Participate in consultative arrangements in relation to environmental matters
- Assist management to meet environmental targets/key performance indicators.
Environmental Risk Assessment:
Risk assessments form the basis of selecting risk controls. A risk matrix helps to characterise the nature and magnitude of risk to human receptors (residents, workers, visitors) and environmental receptors (flora, fauna, land/water, ecological communities etc.). Silverback Pty Ltd will use a risk matrix to assess the likely impact proposed work activities will have on both human and environmental receptors.